Wright Public Affairs took over the campaign in May of 1998. It had just 60 days to gather 100,000 signatures to qualify for the ballot. The campaign wound up with 130,000 signatures gathered by all volunteers and went on to win in all 36 counties in the state.
- Gathered over 100,000 signatures in less than 60 days by 10,000 volunteers.
- Measure passed in every county in Oregon and statewide with nearly 70% of the vote.
- First in the nation (and still only) to conduct it's elections exclusively by mail.
- Since passage of Vote by Mail Oregon has ranked top in nation for voter turnout and participation.
- Oregon Measure 60 (Vote by Mail)
- Result Votes Percentage
- Yes 757,204 69.39%
- No 334,021 30.61%